10 Year Anniversary Celebration
Saturday June 10th, 2023
Time: 1:00-5:00PM | FREE to attend
St. Matthew’s Clubhouse, 450 Broadview Ave.
RSVP HERE ON EVENTBRITE
Mark your calendars, because you’re invited to our 10 Year Anniversary Celebration!
2023 marks our tenth year as a community arts organization in east Toronto, and our fifth year in our Riverdale Park home at St. Matthew’s Clubhouse! For the past decade we have been focused on creating arts programming that empowers community members and artists alike to make their communities in east Toronto more vibrant and inspiring places! There are so many milestones to be proud of from the past ten years, including programs like ArtMEETS, Nuit Blanche East Danforth, Girls & Enby Mural Camp, Doorstop Diaries and TAPESTRY, BYOBeads, Creative Facilitation Camp, Women Paint Riverside, Light It Up, #EastEndLove, East York Days, Net(work) series, Weekend of Words, Life Drawing, and so many more! Now, it’s time to celebrate and plan for the future together!
Please join us on Saturday June 10th, drop-in style from 1:00-5:00PM, for an Anniversary Celebration at our Clubhouse to toast all that we have accomplished since our inception in 2013! There will be cake and light snacks to enjoy, a fun arts and craft station to get creative and let your imaginations run wild, great local music on our porch, a merch raffle, and more! You’ll also get to meet the EEA team, meet many of the local artists we worked with, and mingle with local arts-loving community members like yourself! We hope to see you there.
ACTIVITIES TO ENJOY:
- Enjoy complementary drinks and treats like fruit punch, cake, and snack boards;
- Enjoy live music by Trash Panda Brass Band and hang out in the park;
- Get crafty at our Cherri the Drag Queen’s Arts and Craft Corner;
- Pull your own #EastEndLove screen print to take home;
- Meet the East End Arts staff team and many local artists who helped make the last decade so special;
- Enter a raffle to win some of our favourite #EastEndLove merch from BBJ;
- And more!
Please note that East End Arts will be accepting donations to attend this event. As we are a nonprofit arts organization funded only in-part by the City of Toronto, we continue to rely on the support of sponsors and private donors to fund our work. Please consider giving $10 for 10 years when reserving your ticket, or whatever is meaningful to you. We greatly appreciate your support of the work that we do!
Please let us know you’ll be coming to our Anniversary Celebration by RSVPing at the link below!
DIRECTIONS & PARKING:
We encourage everyone to take public transit when and where possible! Please note that Broadview Avenue between Danforth Avenue and Gerrard St, will be under construction this summer, which may impact your travel time slightly. Here are TTC vehicles that are near our Clubhouse:
- The closest subway station is Broadview Station. If you walk down from Broadview to our Clubhouse, it’s about a 15 minute walk.
- The closest buses are the 505 Dundas, which will drop you off at Broadview Ave/Langley Ave, or the 504 King, which will drop you off at Broadview Ave/Langley Ave (Note that starting May 7, 505 Dundas and 504 King and will be replaced with buses operating on Broadview Avenue to Broadview Station, due to construction taking place on Broadview Ave).
- The closest streetcar is the 506 College, which will drop you off at Gerrard St. East/Broadview Ave.
- There are bike rings out front to accommodate your bike if you choose to cycle to the Clubhouse.
Please note that there is no public parking available at St. Matthew’s Clubhouse. Metered parking is available on the surrounding residential streets. Be sure to read the posted street signs to avoid being ticketed or towed. Also note that there are paid parking lots at Bridgepoint Hospital (down the street from us).
HEALTH & SAFETY:
East End Arts has always been dedicated to the health and safety of all its participants and our community at large. As such, East End Arts would like to remind all visitors to our Clubhouse that our home is a mask-friendly space. We would also like to remind you to take care of yourselves and others as much as possible, which includes staying at home when you are not feeling well; maintaining a safe distance from others; cleaning your hands often with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub; covering your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze; and more. Please note that throughout our Anniversary Celebration we will have open windows and doors, allowing the celebration to take place inside and outside on our porch. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.