ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Reimagined Textile Landscapes!
Come and explore your perception of landscape through textile collage! We’ll begin by selecting a landscape image and then, through the process of choosing, arranging and layering fabrics, participants can create an abstract representation of the view or the mood it evokes. Once the base layers are secured, participants can embellish their piece with a variety of stitches (we’ll learn running stitch and several basic embroidery stitches) which can be used to enhance the final work.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Diana’s formal art education began first at the Ontario College of Art, and subsequently at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. There she immersed herself deeply in colour and textile design and was particularly fascinated with the wide spectrum of technical processes including screen printing, fabric dyeing, weaving, knitting and quilting. Along the way, her work has playfully explored the intersection of traditional techniques with her own uniquely modern aesthetic.
After graduating, Diana worked professionally as a designer and colour stylist in the wallcovering industry and stayed busy raising her young family. With school age children, Diana spent many hours volunteering in various children’s classrooms as well as in wider school community events.
Always working predominantly in textiles, she exhibited her work at the East Lynne Arts Fair and
supplied a local gallery with hand-made items. Diana started her full-time art career in 2012.
Each ArtMEETS workshop will cost $10-$50 per person to attend (on a sliding scale of Pay What You Can). Payment is to be made online at the time of registration, which will be done via Eventbrite. Payments through Eventbrite can be made with any major credit card, or through PayPal. If you are unable to pay online, we also accept cash or cheque, which is to be paid before the day of your workshop. If you need to pay with cash or cheque, or you would like assistance through the payment process, please contact East End Arts at email@example.com.
If you are not able to attend an ArtMEETS workshop that you’ve registered for, specifically if you are feeling unwell, please let us know as soon as possible and we will be happy to issue you a refund, or offer you a spot at an upcoming ArtMEETS workshop, if and where possible. You may also feel free to transfer your ticket to a friend! If you’re transferring your spot to another person, be sure to email them your ticket or hand it to them personally, and let East End Arts know in advance.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require financial assistance, please contact EEA’s Office Coordinator Tyler, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nobody will be denied participation due to lack of funds, but please note that there will be high demand to participate in this program, so if you require financial assistance, please reach out early!
HEALTH & SAFETY
Participant & staff safety are of utmost importance to East End Arts and will be a priority during the program! Please note the following:
- Following Ontario public health guidelines, visitors to our Clubhouse are not required to produce proof of vaccination to enter. Enhanced cleaning routines will remain in place in our space, and East End Arts does require all employees, facilitators, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please postpone your visit to our Clubhouse, and let us know about your absence as soon as you’re able.
- Following Ontario public health guidelines, masks are no longer mandatory inside our Clubhouse, however we continue to operate a mask-friendly space, and we welcome all visitors, employees and volunteers to wear them.
- We continue to ask all of our participants and visitors to practice social distancing, when and where possible.
- Hand sanitizer and disposable masks will be available on site for anyone who needs them.
- We have a fully accessible, gender-neutral bathroom on site.