East End Arts is encouraging you to shop and support local businesses and creators this holiday season in east Toronto and beyond!
It’s one of our favourite times of the year: the winter holidays are approaching and now is a great time to support local businesses, artists, and makers for all your gift-giving needs! From Leslieville to GreekTown, Riverside to The Danforth, we have so many amazing neighbourhoods in east Toronto to explore and support. Scroll down to read our 2022 Holiday Gift Guide, featuring 25 unique arts & culture gift ideas that you can find here in east Toronto and beyond! #EastEndLove #ShopLocal
- For the literary lover in your circle, try gifting the Short Story Holiday Calendar from east end book store, Queen Books! Please note that for the remainder of 2022, they are only accommodating in-person shopping at their store (914 Queen Street East).
- For folks who love a good advent calendar, check out a few of our Favourite Food-Related Holiday Calendars:
- Looking for a new, unique piece of artwork? Shop her Chicken Paintings and other abstract art paintings by east end Nishnaabe artist, Mel Bartel, at the Indigenous Art Market! Please note this market is in-person shopping only at 1107 Queen Street East. You can find many other Indigenous creations at this fantastic store, including beaded earrings from Inaadiziwin, moccasins by Natalie Ortiz, and so many other talented artists and their creations!
- For people who love unique jewelry, be sure to see the Hand-crafted Moon earrings, rings, and other accessories by local artist, Blessyl Buan.
- Show off your east end pride and support East End Arts and buy your very own #EastEndLove Merch (proceeds go towards supporting East End Arts’ youth programs) from local artists Trixie and Beever. Hats, bags, t-shirts, sweaters and more!
- Support our local, independent publisher, ECW Press, and buy a book from a local author, including If I Didn’t Love the River: Poems!
- Purchase an original 12”x12” Artwork piece from The Big Holiday Smalls Show at the Leslie Grove Gallery. There will be over a hundred to choose from, happening December 6, 2022, to January 8, 2023. Save the dates!
- For the puzzle lover in your family or friends circle, check out these colourful & fun Dog Planet and Cat Planet Puzzles from Secret Planet Print Shop (and yes they have tons of super cool prints and merch to pick from too!)
- Know a proud Torontonian? Try gifting them the Toronto Lines Print, or the Proud Torontonian Package from Silver Antelope (Gotamago)!
- If you’re looking for some beautiful and nature-themed glass work, go see these Cardinal Glass art pieces from Verbeek Glass Studio, (and many other beautiful glass pieces to choose from).
- If you love supporting local artists from the east end as much as we do, then be sure to shop colourful and unique art prints (and t-shirts and so much more) made by local east end artist, Apanaki Temitayo.
- Calling all East Yorkers: buy your own East York Map Print Pillow from our friends over at Old’s Cool General Store. Also check out a ton of Children’s books featuring IBPOC characters too.
- For young creators, try gifting these adorable DIY Clay Character Kits from The Make Station (we love Fiona the Fox & Benjamin Baker), or explore these Ceramics from Create Art Studio to paint and create your own masterpiece at home!
- For your east end friend, family member, or colleague, be sure to buy a unique East End Landmark Illustration by local artist, Natalie Czerwinski, like one of Square Boy, Fox Theatre, and more!
- Crafty folks will be sure to love the Leuty Station Cross-stitch kit from Pigeon Coop Design! Find other cool nature-themed kits as well.
- Know a vinyl lover? You can find unique and limited edition vinyls from the Tiny Record Shop at 777 Queen Street East. Check them out on Black Friday November 25th for some extra special record drops.
- We are obsessed with these adorable sticker collections and sticker books from Charlie Pickles, and we know you will be too!
- You can find eye-catching photography pieces of east end landmarks by local artist, Hilary Johnson at the store, Arts on Queen! Explore in-person shopping at 2198 Queen St East, and check out tons of other local artists & artisans!
- Do you know someone who loves ceramic pieces? Check out adorable & affordable ceramics pieces from local artists and beyond at East Toronto’s Coffee & Clothing!
- For all the cocktail lovers, try gifting an incredible Cocktail Kit from Reid’s Distillery, like Reid’s Martini, or the Bee’s Knees Cocktail kit!
- Open to a bit of surprise and mystery this holiday season? Why not gift an intriguing Mystery Gift Bag from the all-women-businesses-and-creators shop, Good Intentions.
- Calling all sports enthusiasts – Leafs, Raptors, Jays alike – check out these sports-themed art prints from east end watercolour artist, Mike Nguyen!
- Know someone who loves to creatively write or is looking for a way to do it more often? Try gifting the Hello Writer Mail Monthly Subscription with Firefly Creative Writing!
- For all your holiday shopping needs, be sure to check out the Arts Market on Queen East (located in Riverside, 790 Queen St), and find tons of options from local artists and artisans, like unique polymer clay jewelry by Viv Jewelry, unique glass pieces by Maggie’s Art, candles, clothing & more!
- And finally gift a 2023 Calendar from local artists! Try the Plantable Wildflower Calendar from local artist, Mumbleweeds, or the Nature Art Calendar from artist Natalie Very B!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out our fulsome 2021 Holiday Gift Guide to find even more local gift ideas HERE!