We wanted to take a moment to update you on what we’re doing at East End Arts to respond to the current COVID-19 virus (Corona). First and foremost, the health and safety of our artists and our community members is always a top priority for us, which has informed the measures below. As of April 7th, here are the measures we’ve put in place to take care of our guests, staff members, partners and artists:
In light of recent updates regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), East End Arts (EEA) has opted to take protective measures to aid in controlling and containing the spread of the virus. As such, we will be doing a blanket closure of all programs continuing on Tuesday April 7th, 2020 until further notice. This includes Life Drawing and Painting with AGA Arts, Watercolour Painting with Gabriele Craig, various on- and off-site programs with ArtCave, and BYOBeads with Adam Garnet Jones.
Venue Closure & Rental Cancellations:
Our home, St. Matthew’s Clubhouse, will continue be closed to the public until further notice; however, our staff will continue to work on the planning, administration, and coordination of future programs, as usual, working remotely at home. Please note that public rentals of the Clubhouse will cease during this period with clients offered full refunds or the ability to reschedule at a later date.
Public Health Recommendations:
We encourage our communities to follow the recommendations of Toronto Public Health during this time, which include:
– Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizes
– Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
– Avoiding close contact with people who are ill
– Staying home when you are ill
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
– If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
– Practicing social distancing
– Staying at home, if you are able to
– For more information, visit HERE.
Be a good neighbour! We encourage our communities to remember that in spite of social distancing, we are strongest when we come together. Support local arts, artists, and businesses who are disproportionately impacted at times like this. If you were thinking of going to a live performance and have decided to cancel, (or the presenter cancelled due to COVID 19), consider donating your ticket fee rather than requesting a refund. The livelihood of countless freelance performing arts professionals is at stake. We also encourage you to check in on vulnerable neighbours and seniors in the community, and wherever possible use the phone or drop a note in a mailbox to avoid inadvertent contact with COVID-19. #EastEndLove is about all of you, and we know that together we can make it through just about anything. For more information & recommendations, we invite you to check out our COVID-19 Resource Page.
East End Arts will continue to monitor the situation and keep the public updated, and will promptly advise if further actions are required. If you have questions or want to reach out to someone on the East End Arts team, we encourage you to email us.
- For Programming questions or concerns, email Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Communications questions or concerns (including web and social), email Chelsea at email@example.com
- For Rental and Organizational questions or concerns, email Shana at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding and support, and stay safe!
Shana, Chelsea & Adam
The East End Arts Team