ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Come and try Felting for Fun!
A simple art skill, with endless possibilities to explore, learn how to create everything from flat pieces of abstract art, to more complex, 3-dimensional pieces and beyond. Participants will each take home their own felting needle and other materials to continue using their newfound art skill at home!
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Sarah Bennett has been needle felting for over a decade and continues to learn new techniques. She specializes in abstract pieces, with a focus on two-dimensional creations. A three-dimensional creature appears every once in a while too. Needle felting is easy to learn but requires a lifetime to master. Sarah hosts a hands-on workshop where all participants go home with their own creation and the tools required to continue needle felting at home.
Each ArtMEETS workshop will cost $10-$50 per person to attend (on a sliding scale of Pay What You Can). Payment is to be made online at the time of registration, which will be done via Eventbrite. Payments through Eventbrite can be made with any major credit card, or through PayPal. If you are unable to pay online, we also accept cash or cheque, which is to be paid before the day of your workshop. If you need to pay with cash or cheque, or you would like assistance through the payment process, please contact East End Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not able to attend an ArtMEETS workshop that you’ve registered for, specifically if you are feeling unwell, please let us know as soon as possible and we will be happy to issue you a refund, or offer you a spot at an upcoming ArtMEETS workshop, if and where possible. You may also feel free to transfer your ticket to a friend! If you’re transferring your spot to another person, be sure to email them your ticket or hand it to them personally, and let East End Arts know in advance.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require financial assistance, please contact EEA’s Office Coordinator Tyler, at email@example.com. Nobody will be denied participation due to lack of funds, but please note that there will be high demand to participate in this program, so if you require financial assistance, please reach out early!
HEALTH & SAFETY
Participant & staff safety are of utmost importance to East End Arts and will be a priority during the program! Please note the following:
- Following Ontario public health guidelines, visitors to our Clubhouse are not required to produce proof of vaccination to enter. Enhanced cleaning routines will remain in place in our space, and East End Arts does require all employees, facilitators, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please postpone your visit to our Clubhouse, and let us know about your absence as soon as you’re able.
- Following Ontario public health guidelines, masks are no longer mandatory inside our Clubhouse, however we continue to operate a mask-friendly space, and we welcome all visitors, employees and volunteers to wear them.
- We continue to ask all of our participants and visitors to practice social distancing, when and where possible.
- Hand sanitizer and disposable masks will be available on site for anyone who needs them.
- We have a fully accessible, gender-neutral bathroom on site.