This job opportunity is now closed. We thank everyone who took the time to apply!
We’re hiring an Office & Outreach Coordinator! Join our team in this new permanent role. Deadline to apply is Monday July 5th.
OFFICE & OUTREACH COORDINATOR WITH EAST END ARTS
- Start Date: August 9, 2021 (flexible)
- Deadline: Monday July 5, 2021 at 5:00PM EST
- Salary: $40,200 annual
- Hours: 37.5 per week
Please note applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and we will start scheduling interviews prior to the deadline date. We will keep the position posted until we find a successful candidate.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and interfacing with the Communications Manager and Program Coordinator, the Office and Outreach Coordinator will support the running of East End Arts in all facets. This position supports the administrative running of the organization including supporting contracting, invoicing, getting artists and vendors paid and expense reports filed; the marketing and outreach of the organization, including developing and fostering relationships, evaluating our online impact, helping to promote our various programs and initiatives, and assisting in social media efforts; and the programming of the organization, including setting up registration for participants, customer service inquiries from community members, and all the data tracking of attendance on the back end.
- Assists the Executive Director in implementing community arts workshops, programs and youth activities – building Eventbrite registration pages, communicating with applicants to our programs and tracking program evaluation.
- Works with the Executive Director to prepare and coordinate processing of payments/reimbursements/contracts/invoices with our bookkeeper.
- Liaises with artists to collect and share information about upcoming events with various departments (marketing, accounting).
- Supervises East End Arts programs at our Clubhouse (weekends and evenings), hosting events when necessary, and directing and working with interns and seasonal staff when applicable.
- Recruits, trains and stewards program and event volunteers, when and where applicable.
- Helps to develop community outreach/consultation plans in coordination with the East End Arts team, and then aids in their implementation.
- Assists the Communication Manager to promote events and initiatives to the community including the writing, editing and curation of social media posts, monitoring and administering our popular Artists Opportunities Group, collecting promotional copy/collection of marketing materials from artists for design purposes (photos, biographies, social media handles etc.), sending outreach emails to our communities, and where relevant assists with donor communications, final reports and evaluation of programs.
- Aides in the evaluation of East End Arts programs and events and, where applicable, partnered events, which includes collecting artist and participant feedback and compiling reports.
- Attends networking events, performances and events to build relationships with our community and stakeholders, when and where applicable.
- Prepares, executes, and analyzes post-event surveys and reports with other staff members.
- Develops and coordinates collaboration opportunities with other organizations.
- Assists with other duties, as required.
We recognize this is a bit of a Unicorn role, but is perfect for an emerging arts professional who wants to learn about all the facets of running a Community Arts organization and see where their interests lie! With a passion for the arts, you have a year or two of experience under your belt, ideally working within a community arts setting or equivalent.
If you can take on tough jobs with agility and humour, you’re in the right place.
You might start your day answering phone calls and emails from community members curious about our programs or wanting to donate old art supplies. Between calls, you might build the registration page for a new program in Eventbrite and create payment requests for our bookkeeper so that our contract artists get paid in a timely fashion. Occasionally, you might join a brainstorming session on how we can design a new Community Arts installation for one of our local Business Improvement Areas, or help to develop and schedule content for our social media channels. After responding to some more emails you might end your day by giving input on how to streamline existing processes.
ESTIMATED SPILT OF TIME:
- 40% General Office Administration and Support
- 30% Marketing & Outreach Support
- 30% Programming Support
YOU CAN DEMONSTRATE:
- Excellent written and oral communications with the ability to speak to a range of audiences. Top notch customer service skills are a must.
- Attention to detail. Creating timelines, maintaining schedules and event logistics, tracking/documenting materials, filling out city permits and other forms etc.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Advanced problem-solving skills. You are a resourceful and creative thinker when faced with a challenge, and you understand that every obstacle has a solution. You think ahead, anticipate potential problems/outcomes and plan accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders such as artists, volunteers, current and potential donors and community groups with a commitment to quality customer service. You feel comfortable talking to, and engaging with new people.
- Comfortable with evolving projects that may require new direction.
- Comfortable working in a non-profit setting with a strong interest in the arts, community engagement, public space activation, and city building.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage tasks effectively on schedule while staying on budget.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Eventbrite, Survey Monkey and Constant Contact or Mailchimp. Comfortable with Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok). Familiarity with WordPress and database best practices is always appreciated.
- Can-do attitude, positive outlook with a desire to work collaboratively to make magical things happen!
The role is a full time position and includes a benefits package after a successful probation period. As a community arts organization, the position requires flexible work hours including occasional evenings and weekends, especially in the summer. This position does require access to a computer and internet at home. For candidates without home access to a computer, one will be provided.
A NOTE ON SAFETY PROTOCOLS & WORKING DURING COVID-19:
Staff safety is of utmost importance to East End Arts. Staff members are currently working from home, but as COVID-19 restrictions lift, a mix of at-home and at-office work will be implemented. This position will involve consistent work out in our communities. A full set of safety protocols has been prepared in accordance with City of Toronto Health Guidelines and will be updated to reflect the most up to date information at the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email cover letter, resume and three references as one single PDF document titled firstname.lastname.app to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
East End Arts is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified candidates from our priority groups to apply. Should you require, accommodations throughout the hiring process will be provided upon request. We thank everyone who applies but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.