Creative Facilitation Camp
Saturday, May 26 – Sunday, May 27, 2018 | Daily from 9:30am – 6pm
Coffee and sign in 9:30am, workshop will start at 10am sharp
St. Matthew’s Clubhouse, 450 Broadview Avenue, Toronto
Cost: $50 – All Inclusive
TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT
Creative Facilitation Camp is a two-day professional development series which supports artists, arts facilitators, and arts & culture workers in their creative facilitation skills. Over the course of two days, participants will learn how to:
- Create safe and welcoming spaces for your participants
- Allow the creativity of your participants to flourish
- Build trust between you and your participants
- Build confidence and feel empowered as a creative facilitator
- Develop creative ways to transform your art and cultural practice into an engaging workshop and/or learning opportunity for community members
Creative Facilitation Camp is ideal for artists who are looking to develop into arts facilitators and educators, or practicing arts facilitators who are looking to improve their current skills, and take their creative facilitation to the next level. This program is also great for arts & cultural workers who are looking to improve their professional facilitation skills for when working with groups of people (community consultations, stakeholder groups, youth, etc.).
The curriculum of Creative Facilitation Camp is based on the curriculum developed by PYE Global for their Creative Facilitation 1 & 2 programs, using their Creative Community Model. PYE Global has worked with East End Arts and Scarborough Arts to develop a customized curriculum, expertly designed to address the unique needs of artists, facilitators, and arts & cultural workers who engage community participants.
“Learn leading-edge facilitation tools and proven arts empowerment practices that bring people together, engage resistant participants, and create a safe and supportive environment where transformative learning and collaboration can take place – regardless of differences in age, ethnicity, or economic background.” – PYE Global
Creative Facilitation Camp is offered at a heavily subsidized rate of $50, which includes:
- Registration for both days (Saturday and Sunday)
- Light refreshments throughout both days (please bring a lunch, or you can purchase lunch at a nearby business during the lunch break)
- A printed workbook detailing all aspects discussed during the program, for future reference
Creative Facilitation Camp is co-presented by East End Arts and Scarborough Arts, in association with PYE Global.
East End Arts strives to make our programming as accessible and inclusive as possible. If there are any accommodations that you require, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to meet your needs.