East End Arts is proud to continue our partnership with The Music Project (TMP). This non-profit music school provides access to music lessons for kids in grades K-12 in Toronto’s east end. With a focus on collaborative music-making and performance experiences, TMP offers lessons in piano, guitar, ukulele, percussion, music foundations and choir.
Miranda Snyder is TMP’s executive director, working alongside artistic director David Chan overseeing a diverse program, with private, group, and ensemble opportunities. Along with a passionate team of professional musicians and educators, their vision explains:
“The Music Project exists to give kids in Toronto’s East End the opportunity to express, create, and have fun making music.”
TMP is open to all children, with a focus on kids who otherwise would not have access to music making opportunities or education. Classes are held at Secord Public School, located at 101 Barrington Avenue in Toronto’s east end.
- TMP Registration is available online, and usually opens in the spring for the upcoming season;
- Classes run September – May, and registration is for the full year;
- Classes run on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Secord Elementary School, located at 101 Barrington Avenue, Toronto;
- Group. semi-private, and private lessons are available to all school aged kids;
- Fees are based on family income and range from $2 to $18 per lesson. Fee schedules are available on TMP’s website.